Both Server and Cloud-based versions available to suit your business needs.
CDMS Software has been developed by flooring retailers for flooring retailers. It is a fully integrated software package that can handle a large number of users and gives you instant access to any area of your business at any given time. Our system is designed to handle multiple stores and multiple companies with ease. CDMS is very flexible, allowing you to run your business your way. It provides the tools to streamline your business functions. It is easy-to-use and tremendously robust, so you can keep your business running smoothly as soon as it is installed. Whether you choose to run our Unix/Linux-based software on your own in-house server or choose to run on a secure SCO CLOUD virtual server, you can stay connected 24-7 with your smart phone, iPad, Android tablet , PC, MAC or Chromebook. You will find this software rich with features like:
- Operation for single store or multi-stores or Multiple companies. CDMS grows with you!
- Point of Sale capabilities
- Purchase Orders through Customer Invoicing
- Real-time inventory for all flooring goods
- Comprehensive accounting including full audit trails
- Job scheduling
- And much more!
Learn more about each of our robust modules by clicking (or tapping) on the headlines in the expandable list below.
- Tracks unlimited categories of inventory goods for all types of flooring products and supplies.
- Stores roll goods by linear feet and allows you to sell by the square yard and/or square foot.
- Non-Roll goods such as tile, grouts, adhesives, trims, hardwood, and area rugs all handled easily.
- Automatic selling prices can be calculated using specified factors and add before/after amounts.
- Complete history on each roll including vendor, check number and check date, transfer, adjustment and invoice information.
- Stores purchase and sales analysis information for each product.
- Generates stock report with on hand, on order and inventory value for a requested time period.
- Generates a separate salesman stock report with available and back ordered inventory.
- Allows you to build inventory products with Supplier and private label names and numbers.
- Setup Reorder points for any or all products.
- Automatically updates cost & freight information to customer orders.
- Creates a purchasing advice report showing net position and suggested ordering quantities.
- Inventory can be transferred between stores and companies. Inter-store transfer report shows what goods need to be transferred to other stores.
- Print item tags for roll-goods and non-roll goods.
- Barcode assisted Physical Inventory Count.
SPECIAL PRICING for Vendors
- Set up special discounts by vendor, store, style, or category of goods for specified time periods.
- Saves time and money by displaying the lowest price when generating purchase order.
- Notifies you if a product can be purchased at a lower price from a different vendor.
- Automatically changes back to the original price when promotion has expired.
SPECIAL PRICING for Customers
- Set up different price formulas by customer, store, style, or category of goods for specified time periods.
- Salesman can easily check a customer’s price for each product.
- Allow a printout of all specially priced products for a particular customer, or all store sale items
- Automatically displays the customer’s price on an order or proposal as each item is entered.
- When a sale has ended, the price will return to normal automatically.
POINT OF SALE
- Allows salesman to enter orders with ease and little entry on the sales floor.
- Prints contract immediately to give to customer.
- Deposits can be automatically entered with each order.
- Cash drawer function, lets you reconcile your money at the end of the day and produces a report.
- Detail report shows who entered each order and tracks all changes, deletions, etc.
- Separate menu selections for frequently used functions, such as Reserve Entry, Sales Floor Inquiry, Installation Scheduling, Estimates, PO/Receiving History, Customer Sales Notes, Reprint of Invoices, Customer A/R Account Inquiry
- Print a cutting order (picking ticket) to present to the warehouse for each job.
- Displays rolls, products, bin location and size to cut for each order.
- Provides up to the minute inventory accuracy by updating stock immediately when cut is completed.
- Provides complete accuracy by updating cost of the job by the actual quantity cut not quantity billed to customer.
- Create purchase orders for stock or special orders automatically while entering the customer’s order or by utilizing the Purchase Order Maintenance application.
- Customize your purchase order to print company and vendor information such as name and address, phone and fax numbers, contact person, and acct #. Purchase order will have all the necessary information to be faxed to the vendor.
- Purchase orders can be sidemarked to an existing customer’s order, or job.
- Customer order is automatically updated when goods are received into inventory.
- Roll tags (with or without barcodes) can be printed for rolls as they are received.
- Complete PO History is saved. This data can be accessed by Customer Name or Number, PO number, Product, Vendor, Job Number, Contract Number, Roll Number or Mill Roll number, or Customer PO number.
- Rebate Information Report. This report prints all product purchases by vendor and style/color number. This report can be printed for all purchases regardless of payment status. It can also be exported into a Spreadsheet format.
ORDER ENTRY AND ESTIMATES
- Orders can be entered with square foot and/or square yard prices.
- Prints invoices which can be formatted to your specifications. Automatically prints cutting tickets (for warehouse) and install tickets (for installer) if requested.
- Invoices can be reprinted.
- Customer Upgrade Invoice and Builder Invoice can be generated from one contract.
- Deposits and payments easily entered on orders and automatically updated to Accounts Receivable and General Ledger.
- Inquiries on inventory available from order.
- Reports detailing all adjustments, additions and deletions to original order.
- Credit limit information displayed when order is entered.
- Integrates automatically with Inventory and Accounts Receivable.
- Create an estimate from projected job profit or costs.
- Prints estimate for quotes which can be easily converted to an order.
- Offers partial billing of all orders.
- Sales floor inquiry on inventory provides options such as available, reserved, and backordered. Product can be selected and placed directly on Customer order.
- History on all orders kept with a large number of inquiries available.
- Booking reports keep track of written and shipped sales. Reports include, Daily Transaction, Daily Volume, Salesman Profitability and End Use Profitability.
- Invoices can be tied back to purchase orders allowing verification of prices and quantities ordered.
- Invoice numbers up to 12 digits can be entered.
- Store information on each vendor including, address, phone number, fax number, contact name, e-mail address and account number.
- Prints checks payable to vendors or subcontractors on Laser or Dot Matrix printers
- Journal entries are interfaced to the General Ledger.
- Cash requirement report shows projected due dates and discounts.
- Open payables report showing all A/P invoices and due dates.
- Allows different discount and due date options.
- Maintains complete A/P history for each vendor.
- Prints 1099’s at year end for subcontractors.
- Prepare 1099 information for Electronic processing for companies with more than 250 vendors.
- Check reconciliation for multiple bank accounts.
- Checks can be automatically voided with ease.
- Invoice Detail distribution History
- Processes payroll for Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Semi-monthly, or Monthly pay periods.
- Handles hourly, salaried or subcontract employees.
- Prints checks and payroll reports on Laser or Dot Matrix printers
- Payroll history report with complete detail.
- Prints W-2 forms for year-end. (some 1099 form information are printed from A/P and Installer Module)
- Prepares W-2 information for Electronic Processing for companies with 250 or more employees
- All journal entries are interfaced to the General Ledger
- Deductions for insurance, garnishments, employee loans, before tax deductions and cafeteria plans.
- Special earnings for bonuses, commissions, etc, including Supplemental Earnings.
- Tracks different types of workman’s compensation.
- Quarterly Payroll report
- Check reconciliation for bank accounts
- Maintains customer information, easy access to balance due and history of all payments.
- Generates aging reports for different time periods in detailed or net format.
- Allows posting of cash receipts including deposits, to different cash account numbers.
- Customer deposits report lists all deposits on jobs not completed.
- Invoices automatically update A/R when they are posted.
- Generates statements for different time periods.
- Calculates finance charges on overdue accounts.
- Prints commission report (different formats available)
- Provides monthly sales journal.
- Generates a monthly tax report for state sales and use tax returns, subtotals by each state and tax type.
- Displays A/R balance to the screen at any time.
- Maintain Customer file including names, phone number, business phone, cell phone, fax phone, pager phone, email address, address.
- Automatic Freeze can be set up on customers that have exceeded their credit limit
- Customers can be placed on hold if they are delinquent on their account balance
- An interface program allows you to post journal entries in batches by module.
- All journal entries can be edited before posting to the general ledger.
- Allows one time or recurring journal entries.
- Periods do not have be “closed” before entries are made to a new period.
- Prints monthly trial balance and financial statements which include profit and loss and balance sheet.
- Generates SAF (Source and Application of Funds) statements automatically-Statement of Cash Flow, Components of Working Capital, Changes in Financial Position.
- Statements generated by store or for all stores.
- Ratios and budget /comparative figures may be included on statements.
- Produces combined statements for multiple companies (corporations).
- Accrual entries can be set up that automatically reverse in the next period.
- Detailed reports by salesman, category, product or classification (such as color, fiber, construction codes).
- Complete sales analysis by customer or customer type.
- Reports rank sales or purchasing information by requested order. (ex. Top ten selling products)
- Sales analysis report for each product or category of products can be written for Open or Invoiced Orders.
- Category Sales Analysis report can optionally be sorted by salesman, or enduse code
- Ranked sales or purchase analysis reports for different classifications such as color, fiber or construction.
- Prints Sales analysis information for square foot versus square yard sales.
- Produces installer work ticket showing job information and labor amount to be paid.
- Prints open labor report listing all installer earnings to be paid.
- Prints checks for installers on Laser or Dot Matrix printer
- Saves time and effort in producing payroll for installers who are employees by preparing an installer payroll report.
- Allows deductions for supplies and automatically updates inventory and makes sales entries to A/R.
- Automatically updates customer order with correct cost for installer earnings.
- Complete history on installer payments and job information.
- Installer scheduling allows you to schedule jobs for every day of the month and future months.
- Prints 1099’s for year end.
- Prepare 1099 information for Electronic Processing for companies with more than 250 installers.
- Add jobs to the schedule for each day on the calendar.
- View a calendar for any month or for a particular day within a month.
- Establish total capacities to be installed for different material codes.
- Print the jobs scheduled for that day or a worksheet of all jobs for a particular installer with installation times.
- Assign zones to group installations by geographical region.
- Can even be utilized to keep track of your delivery truck schedules, estimator schedules, or anything else you need to track schedules.
- Track a Commercial job’s actual cost, billing and profitability to date.
- Compares actual job cost information to estimate cost and price.
- Automatically updated by inventory, order entry, purchase order, installer, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll modules.
- Maintains estimate, change order, and job adjustments.
- Allows conversion of an estimate into an order.
- Provides detail by inventory product for actual and estimated costs and profit.
- Allows billing and tracking of retainage.
- Percent complete worksheet shows you the completion status of the job.
- Job labor report shows all labor incurred for a specified time period.
- Base commissions on total order profit, item profit, total order sale amount or item sale amount.
- Setup commissions by store, salesman, enduse code, category, product, date range
- Commissions are setup on a 20 step sliding scale
- Vary the commission percent off the selling price
- Setup special commission percentages for promotions, or sales personnel.
- Setup different commission scales for different product types, salesman, or date range.
- Allows security to be set on each module and menu selection for each individual accessing the system.
- Provides unlimited number of access codes and passwords.
- Allows backups to be done from the menu or let it run unattended during non-business hours.
- Print out helpful CDMS procedural documentation
CUSTOMER SERVICE/CLAIMS MANAGEMENT
- Tracks status of customer calls, complaints, call backs, repairs, etc.
- Helps solve complaints as quickly and accurately as possible.
- Enter information easily while your on the phone, can also be used to log phone messages.
- Can be used as a salesman tickler file
- Trace problems or call backs by installer, product, etc.
- Prints out an outstanding claim report by vendor
- Prints a claim ticket which can be signed by customer when problem is resolved to their satisfaction.
- Helps track trends in your business, such as defective products, problem installers, etc.
The following files are available for download to a PC. Load them into your own spreadsheet program to produce your own custom reports or create mail merges!
- Inventory – product and stock information
- Inventory – Sales and purchase analysis information
- Contract (Order) history — print detail for Invoiced orders, open orders, or estimates
- Commission data
- Sales analysis by product category
- General Ledger trial balance information
- Customer file data
- Vendor file data
- A/R open item and History data
- A/P open item and History data
- Installer Open Labor Payable and Labor History
- Inventory Adjustment History
- AP Voucher Invoice Distribution History
- Full Payroll information — includes Employee data, deductions, earnings, QTD and YTD History files
- Vendor Rebate Information
- Purchase Order / Receiving History information
- Floor Wizard Estimating Package: Estimates/proposals can be sent from the CDMS Estimate Maintenance application directly into the Floor Wizard Estimating package.